Our top-of-the-range Advanced Force Gauge (AFG) is the most accurate digital gauge in the world, with 10 models from 2.5 N to 2500 N.
It can be used handheld or attached to a manual or motorized test stand for optimum testing performance.
Advanced Force Gauge (AFG)
With ever-increasing demands for improved quality, durability and ease-of-use of all products, there is a growing need for more physical testing during the manufacturing processes. The Advanced Force Gauge (AFG) is a powerful instrument packed full of innovative features designed to suit a breadth of tension and compression tests.
The AFG is available in 10 models with capacities ranging from 2.5 to 2500 N, catering for a diverse range of industrial applications. All models are accurate to ± 0.1% of full-scale with readings in a variety of measurement units; N, kN, mN, gf, kgf, lbf and ozf.
Whilst most commonly employed for push and pull tests using its internal loadcell, the AFG also acts as a universal display for a selection of external ‘smart’ force and torque transducers. This means you can expand an AFG to perform tests of all capacities for tension, compression and torsion – all with a single display unit.
The AFG offers enhanced test features and data analysis capabilities:
- Max and 1st Peak mode - identify critical load points from the test
- Fast data-acquisition speed - captures break-force readings accurately
- Audible and visual pass/fail alarms - alerts operators immediately when testing
- Overload warning with trend bar - to minimise accidental damage to loadcell
- In-built storage for up to 500 readings - test rapidly now and download results later
- Data transfer via RS232, digimatic or analogue - output data to PC or printer for further analysis
- Connection capability to external loadcells and torque sensors - becomes a versatile display for many different applications
A clear and simple keypad layout ensures simple operation for all users. Dual function keys allow full access to configuration menus to set-up advanced tests. The AFG is constructed from a rugged aluminium housing and shaped to fit the hand making it small enough to be used as a hand-held device. It is easily attachable to a motorised stand, thereby making it an affordable first step to more controlled tension and compression testing where optimum repeatability is required. Alternatively, this powerful digital force gauge may also be integrated as a key component into your own in-house test rig.
Mains or battery-powered the AFG is supplied in a robust carry case with a mains adapter, set of rechargeable batteries, along with a kit of accessories. It is the ideal choice for tension and compression tests just about anywhere, making it the ideal solution for factory or outdoor use.
A calibration certificate traceable to national standards is also provided at no extra charge, ensuring full compliance during external audits.